Sept. 25, 2021
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We may collect certain information directly from you when you use our website or services — for example, if you were to register to become a member, when you request to prequalify for a third-party credit card or loan product, when you link your third-party financial accounts, when you transfer money, or when you fill out calculators, forms or other fields on our Site. In such cases, we may ask you to provide us with one or more of the following pieces of information:
- Email address.
- Mailing address.
- Phone number.
- Date of birth.
- Social Security number.
- Your registration information, such as a username and password.
- Your third-party financial account information, such as an ID and password.
- Your financial information, such as investments, income, expenses, investible assets, investing risk tolerance or other similar types of information.
- Information about your job or business.
- Age, gender, or other similar demographic information when such information is relevant to a particular financial product or service you have requested (for example, when requesting auto insurance rates or using retirement planning calculators).
- When you communicate with us, either by email, phone, or other means of communication, we may also collect the content of these communications, including but not limited to recordings of phone calls where permitted by law.
Please note: We do not store your third-party financial account ID or passwords. Instead, we securely pass this information to our third-party partners when you request Services that require us to confirm your identity, when you request to prequalify for their products, and/or to provide you with access to your financial information on our Site.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
When you visit this website, use the services, or open an email from us, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including without limitation:
- Details about your IP address or other device address or ID.
- Details about your web browser and/or device type.
- Details about your geolocation data, including if you use the Site on a mobile device.
- Details about your hardware and software settings and configurations.
- Details about your web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site.
- Details about your pages you view on the Site.
- Your actions on the Site, including the electronic path you take to our Site, through our Site and when exiting our Site, as well as your usage and activity on our Site, such as the links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
When you use this website, we may send one or more Cookies (these are small text files that contain a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A Session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A Persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your Cookie settings. If you delete, or choose not to accept, Cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
Third-Party Web Beacons and Third-Party Buttons
We may implement third-party advertising or other content on the Site that may use clear GIFs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write Cookies to your web browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the Site. Additionally, we may implement third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow a third party to collect information about you through their browser Cookies, even when you do not interact with the button.
We also engage third-party partners and vendors like Google Analytics, Hotjar and others, who provide analytics and advertising services, to assist us in providing you the Site and our Services. We allow these third parties, including nonaffiliated business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, and other advertising service providers, to automatically collect Clickstream Data and other information about your online activities on the Site and across your browsers and devices using cookies, web beacons, mobile advertising identifiers and other technologies.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
How We Use Your Information
Your information (as described above) might be used it in a number of ways in providing the services and operating our website. We use the information you provide, for example:
A. To provide you the Services you request and enable non-affiliated third parties to provide additional services to you.
B. To operate, maintain and improve the Services and create new features and functionality.
C. To understand and analyze usage trends and preferences of our users across different devices.
D. We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, (b) to address intellectual property, right of privacy or defamation issues related to content you have posted on the Services, and/or (c) to send you promotional materials, offers, and/or messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with.
How We Share Your Information
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Services or store on the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
This website and service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States, and the third-party products and services featured are tailored for the United States market only.
In the event of a merger or sale, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.